Friday, May 9, 2008

Tweetsie University


Back in the day when I first announced that I would be attending ASU, my great big brother who went to NCSU, never gave up an opportunity to refer to my school as The University of Tweetsie. Jerk! Tweetsie is an awesome place that holds at very least a few happy childhood memories with millions of North Carolinians and Appalachian State University is the hottest school in the state/southeast/nation.
Here's a picture of the M & M's on their second trip to Tweetsie. At that time they thought Tweetsie was way better than Disney World (they lived in Orlando at the time) and the oldest M thought I went to Apple College. Unlike his father, he clearly saw the best in both institutions.
It's nice to know that Watauga County is being pro-active in preserving this icon.

3 comments:

Joan said...

I remember going to Tweetsie and it was scary. Good guys, bad guys, Indians, shooting etc. We took our kids maybe 7 years ago and it was so watered down and politically correct. In college, I had friends who worked there.

Anonymous said...

I recall fondly being at Tweetsie with the M & Ms when they earned those sheriff badges! They were so cool in the way back seat of your great sister-in-law Tricia's Volvo wagon, singing along with all the Eagles' greatest hits and Hotel California tunes coming from the cassette deck.

Anonymous said...

not trying to be anonymous--I'm proud to know the M &Ms...just couldn't get my password thing going.
Sue