Saturday, February 9, 2008

Definitely a football school

The Mountaineers (10-4 in SoCon) beat The Citadel (0-13 in SoCon) in OVERTIME this afternoon. This follows our DEFEAT on Thursday from 4th ranked (in the north division) College of Charleston. Let's face it...we are a horribly inconsistant basketball team that stands virtually no chance of winning the SoCon (I mean, do you REALLY think we can beat Davidson?) and we do not deserve to go to the NIT much less the big dance. I say we call it a season and wait patiently for football.

1 comment:

Joan said...

I think there is going to be a push to produce a basketball team with better results especially in light of the football team. I believe our basketball team has talent. I'd be a little worried if I was Houston. I listened to the end of The College of Charleston game - it was a heartbreaker. Today's game should not have gone into O.T. given Citadel's record.