Saturday, February 16, 2008

Houston, we have a problem

I went to the UNCG v ASU game this afternoon with high hopes for the team. All the elements were in place for a good road win...the M family and their entourage were sitting right in front of us (the Mountaineer football team is something like 13-1 when we are sharing crowd space. I thought it would translate to the basketball team.), there were plenty of ASU fans in the crowd sporting their black and gold, UNCG had not won their last few games and I thought our team would be fired up.
Sad story.
I didn't witness Coach Fancher doing any real coaching, Clayton was asleep and I think Minter had on concrete shoes. It was a train wreck of enormous proportions.

1 comment:

Joan said...

As acting head of the "M Family" I have to add I was disappointed. I can't say UNC-G had a wow factor other than they were consistent and App was not. How many times did the Mountaineers do something well then not follow through to get points on the board? They've had an exceptional number of games in row - I believe this was their 6th game in February. They looked tired.