Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fair weather fans

Saturday 09/26/08

3:00pm - The burgers, beer and extra ice packs are in the cooler with all the ice from my ice maker dumped in.
3:10pm - My friend Bit shows up and loads said cooler along with my pile of stuff into the car. It's raining.

Bit: Are we stupid to do this?
Me: No.

3:15pm - We have gone 2 miles up Peacehaven Road and are getting onto 421. The windshield wipers are going strong.

Me: Ya know, my elbow really hurts today. If we hadn't told the Fitz's we were coming to their house to tailgate and if you hadn't told Charles he could have the extra 2 tickets, I would say let's bag the game today.
Bit: I'm pretty sure the Fitz's wouldn't mind. They can go out to eat. Heck, they have 2 teenage boys, it's not like they don't have food in the house and they are betting on our burgers. And Charles, ppht, he can buy tickets at the gate.

3:18pm - We exit onto Lewisville-Clemmons Road.

Me: Hello Fitz? Would you think we are horrible people and call an end to our friendship if we bagged coming to Boone today? My elbow hurts and it's raining and whine, whine, whine.
Fitz: Hahaha! Nah, that's ok. We'll see ya'll next week.
Bit: Charles, you will have to find other tickets to the game or just take your date out to dinner. We're not coming.

3:20pm - Heading back into Winston-Salem.

Me: I think a beer would make my arm feel better.
Bit: The Wake game starts at 3:30. We could go watch the game and eat bar food and drink beer.
Me: Let's go to that kinda new sports bar on Robinhood. I haven't been there yet.

5:00pm - Sitting in Beef O'Brady's polishing off our second beer and wiping the hot sauce off our lips.

Me: What is wrong with the Deacs? I want to go home and take a nap before our game.
Bit: Four turnovers is enough for me.
Me: Check please.

3 comments:

Joan said...

Sorry you didn't make it. The weather wasn't bad. We got there at 3pm. It misted a few minutes while tailgating and a few minutes at the start of the game. I never used my rain jacket. Actually it was nice and warmer than I had thought. See you next time.

creative kerfuffle said...

sounds like you had fun despite missing the game.

Anonymous said...

Hey- Haven't heard from you in a while - give me an email update, will ya?