Wednesday, June 25, 2008

really fat hand


for the first time since saturday i pulled my bandages away from my hand to have a little look-see. yikes! i can't believe this bear paw is actually attached to MY body and i can't even imagine what my forearm and wrist must look like.
the insurance appraiser looked at my car today so hopefully i'll have a 'dollar value' tomorrow and i can begin preliminary shopping for a new/used volvo. i had entertained the thought of buying an audi or a pontiac (i know, this seems weird to people who have not known me a long time) but i decided that since my volvo did what a volvo is supposed to do in an accident, i should remain loyal to the brand.
i am anxious to get back to the doctor on monday for a full assessment and a surgery date. i'm still working hard on getting my brain and my emotions ready for surgery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trish! What happened. Wow - just checked your blog for the first time in a couple of weeks. Give me a shout out! Anything I can do?

broad minded said...

yeah volvo! I just read on CK that you had been in an accident! What happened? I am so sorry the volvo died, but glad you and the bear paw are still with us!!!!