Monday, July 21, 2008

age blind

you have probably heard of a person being color blind but have you ever heard of somebody being AGE blind? i kinda think i am and i'm always smacked back to reality when i have the "aha moment" and realize the fact that everybody is not my age. i don't think this is a good thing or a bad thing. it's simply a thing.

i am blessed to have a ton of friends of various ages (20 somethings to 70 somethings) but i still think of them as being my age. it's not until a conversation leads to something along the lines of what we wore in high school, or what our favorite song in elementary school was, or what we were doing when elvis died, or name the 4 beetles or, well, you get the picture, that i actually realize i am older or younger.

today i went back to see my orthopod about my broken elbow. while i'm waiting for the doc to come in, doogie howser comes in to do the preliminaries. he's a 4th year medical school student and i am officially feeling OLD. then the REAL doctor comes in. when i saw him before i had the feeling he was probably my age. looked him up. wrong! he's younger.

so i tell said young doctor that i really thought my elbow should be substantially better than it is. after all, corey lynch had his arm up and running in 4 short weeks. he chuckled and reminded me that it takes OLDER people longer to heal. my therapy starts august 5th. thank you very much.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Ouch from doctor's comment! BTW, Stephen had surgery at WFU when he was 1 year old.
I hope you continue to heal.