Monday, August 25, 2008

Football Vacation Eve Eve


Saturday was a ZOO in Boone! Traffic was horrific and the campus bookstore was over run with students trying to get their books. (I wonder...does ASU still have a book rental system? Surely there is a better way for distribution! Why make them stand in horrendous lines? That's such a waste of precious time! Why don't they deliver the textbooks to each professor and he/she can pass the books out on the first day of class?)


Anywho, I really couldn't handle the crowd so I marched to town for my would be game-wear purchases. In addition to my gold visor (from Appalachian T's) I picked up a preppy Big A belt and, following App Fan's advise, got this t (at Mast Store).


My cashier at The Mast Store was a delightful young man who is leaving Boone on Friday (after class) and driving (in a car that doesn't have cruise control) to Baton Rouge for the game. OK... I'm glad I'm in my 40's and can travel in comfort.


My lame picture of the west side stands. For good and thorough pics check here.
Here's a question...why don't we pressure wash the cement at the base of the stands? Seems to me that white would be better than ecru.


1 comment:

creative kerfuffle said...

ok--the kid that's driving down to the game? don't you know if you were his age you'd be totally psyched about that? road trips were half the fun back in the day. but yes, being older DOES have its advantages.