Thursday, August 7, 2008

Dissed? What's in an A?


When I went to my mailbox this evening I found, amongst the bills and insurance statements, 2 great things. My big fluffy envelope from the Yosef Club and the Sports Illustrated 2008 College Football Preview.

After thrashing into and through my Yosef Club envelope, I was pleased to discover my 4 season ticket cards and my 2 LSU tickets but my heart sank when I saw that my Justice Lot parking pass was no longer. I am now relegated to Raley Lot. I can't feel dissed and I can only be happy that so many Mountaineers have stepped up their contributions to our school and our sports programs. I should have pumped up my giving to Yosef this year but the thoughts of potentially losing my job ruled out over football.

Sports Illustrated... well of course they think of 1A (aka FBS) as the ONLY Division 1 (they gave Armanti no love on their Heisman Watch - I would put a link to that flawed editorial blurb, but SI is seriously slow [probably because they are owned by the Communist News Network] in putting current editorial on their website). So... I am forced to put this much superior link). At least they gave us some props...

..."That was the day defending 1AA champion Appalachian State - perfectly executing a spread-option offense...knocked off the fifth-ranked Michigan Wolverines in the Big House." {well, I wouldn't call the second half perfect but we performed good enough}

..."Rush Hour Jackson made Michigan pay"... {'nough said}

..."And the Tigers' next opponent? It's three time Division 1-AA national champion Appalachian State, which stunned Michigan in the first week of last season."
{Thanks for the kind words Mr Mandel but we do not wish to rely on our past accomplishments.}

4 comments:

creative kerfuffle said...

i need schooled. explain to me the reasoning behind giving money to a school when you no longer go there?

Trish said...

All that money is used for scholorships - you know, for kids who might not get the chance to go to college if they didn't get a scholorship.

Joan said...

You have a good attitude about the change in parking. I hope it works out about your job. I'm so looking forward to football. A nice diversion for me right now.

Anonymous said...

Just read the entry - didn't know you guys were on the block. Time to give you a call and catch up!