Sunday, August 17, 2008

The proud aunt thing


I missed Fan Fest and the scrimmage. (Apparently the event didn't rate coverage with the Winston-Salem Journal or WXII-12. What a bummer!) I am being overly cautious and very diligent in my efforts to not only rehab the elbow, but also get rid of a nasty sinus and ear infection before THE FOOTBALL VACATION. More on that event later.

My youngest M & M (nephew) is quite the racing stud. I just sent him a text message to see if he is planning to cycle in the 2012 Olympics. No response thus far.
I sort of think I have somewhat ARRIVED in the sports arena. The "hey big guys" at my office have invited me to join their Fantasy Football league. I'm totally at a loss but I'm going to play. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
I think our women's soccer uniforms look awesome! (Are they new? - don't follow soccer so I don't know) It's a shame we lost to the Waker but I feel certain the Lady Mountaineers will improve as the season progresses.

3 comments:

Joan said...

That's great about your nephew. My guys went to FanFest. S said it was boring. I think D liked it.

creative kerfuffle said...

is this the nephew that's going to marry my girl in 15+ yrs? (i don't want her to get married too young)

Trish said...

ck-yes, this is the one. he told me he's going to be in the 2012 Olympics and he "makes Lance look like a girl." sure thing. i'm not booking my flight to London yet.