Thursday, August 21, 2008

What shall I wear???

I have planned to go to Boone on Saturday because I REALLY want to pick up a white Appalachian State t and visor (I'm thinking white will be better than black in the sweltering Baton Rouge heat). But, OH MY! App Fan is calling us to wear BLACK. I guess I'll go with it - there's no Gorton's Fisherman logo on this one so I'm ok. Still, I need new whities so I will stick with the original plan to head up the mountain.

You will probably want to pick up a copy of the Winston-Salem Journal on Friday. There will be a special sports section on college football. No doubt the Mountaineers and Armanti will get some significant, and well deserved, ink!

Front and center of the Journal's sports page today was a nice article on T.J. Courman. I really like this picture of him because he is the visual embodiment of the true scholar-athlete. (I wonder if they only have one black and gold necktie and every player passes it along when they finish having their picture made. Or, do you get your tie issued when you sign up? Is it issued along with your jersey?)

1 comment:

creative kerfuffle said...

i say go against the norm and wear the white--it will be much cooler in that heat! : )