Sunday, January 6, 2008

Getting the show on the road

For some reason I think an initial blog post should be like a preface to a great work of literature or a libretto of a beautiful opera. Well guess what...you will not find that here. I have started this blog to, well, keep up with the Joneses. I have several friends with blogs and I'm feeling the peer pressure.

I'm thinking that I will mostly write about ASU football but other things might crawl in.

I know a lot of Appalachian football fans have their collective panties in a wad because Wake Forest Coach Jim Grobe has gone on record stating he does NOT want to play the Mountaineers. I'm bummed about his insistence but I can't find any fault with him for it. Granted I am a bit prejudiced with Wake being my number 2 team, but you have to give Coach Grobe credit for being honest about it. To my knowledge no other ACC coach will even address reasons for not playing us.

Take a look at Lenox Rawling's column in today's Winston-Salem Journal. http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ%2FMGArticle%2FWSJ_ColumnistArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173354101767&path=!sports!lenoxrawlings!&s=1037645509484
This is a great article about the lame BCS, but my favorite part is the Grobe quote talking about Armanti He's So Awesome Edwards..."You watch that kid play, and he does both so well that I'd be hard pressed to name someone who does it better. I'm not sure he isn't the best quarterback in the country." Oh, my second favorite part is Mr. Rawlings response to Grobe's statement that he wouldn't be too smart if he scheduled Appalachian State.

1 comment:

creative kerfuffle said...

welcome to blogland Big T : ) so...perhaps i will learn something this year between your sports and guinea pig's politics : ) he he he