Sunday, January 20, 2008

NFC Championship Game



It's difficult, at best, for me to embrace professional football. However I am trying really hard. Our own Jason Hunter is the lone Mountaineer and SoCon representative playing in the NFC Championship.

I'm all about the Packers tonight!

I think I will have reached true fan hood when I can get equally excited about players with high profile positions (quarterback/Armanti, safety/Corey, wide receiver/Dexter) as I can with the "blue collar" positions (defensive end and special teams/Jason Hunter.)

4 comments:

Joan said...

My choices didn't do well. I decided to pull for the Chargers due to their QB Phillip Rivers being a standout at NC State. I went for the Packers - wanting Favre to win one more SuperBowl. Poor guy didn't do too well so at the end I was thinking the Giants deserved the win. I don't believe the Patriots can be beat.
Do you catch Dexter in the Shrine Bowl?

Trish said...

I had to go to an awards banquet Saturday night so I only saw three of Dexter's plays. I thought I had the dvr figured out and would watch it when I got home yesterday. Umm, apparantly I don't have it figured out.
How did he do? It looked like the qb stunk.

Joan said...

I'm blessed to live with "He Who Knows Everything About Football At A Young Age". You know him.
Anyway he said it's really hard to draw much out of the Shrine Bowl b/c they only practiced a few time. The QB's were not in the same league as our almighty Armanti. I'm seen better from Dexter but apparently he impressed people at practice and it helped him go higher in the draft.

Joan said...

I mean "I've seen better..." I can't type.