Friday, January 25, 2008

I am forced to opt for basketball

I thought I was going to be in a quandary tomorrow. Should I watch and record (because I don't know how to watch one thing and record another) the ASU v Chattanooga basketball game or watch and record the senior bowl game in hopes of seeing Dexter Jackson impress the NFL scouts? It turns out there is no decision to be made because I don't get the NFL Network. Poor Dexter. He will have so much going against him...I can't watch and he doesn't get to wear his number. Why should he have to give up #2 and wear #19? He is, after all, faster than those guys from Houston and 'Bama who ARE wearing #2. Anywho, I imagine Dexter will do just fine without me. I hope I will get to see the Mountaineers take their 8th straight win on the hardwood.
It looks like the state's other black and gold will have a staff shakeup. WFU assistant Jeff Mullen decided he wanted to be a Mountaineer of a different flavor. I feel certain Coach Grobe will find a worthy replacement. What I don't understand is why three assistants have now left.

3 comments:

Joan said...

I have the same football/basketball quandary with a twist. I haven't been going to Stephen's rec league basketball games. I promised him I would go tomorrow.
We get the NFL network but lack for modern day technology such as dvr. We don't even have a vcr anymore. I don't know what happened to it. It's just was gone. I seriously doubt someone broke in and stole it! Dexter is getting more and more press and it is said he's moving up in the draft.

Trish said...

I thought Stephen was a dedicated football dude but multi-talented is very good! Have fun at the game!

Joan said...

They lost in a close one. I managed to miss Dexter and App's basketball game. Stephen played middle school basketball. He was set to play b-ball for his high school then midway through football decided not to. The basketball schedule is very intense. It would be difficult to play both sports back to back and he wouldn't be able to lift and condition for football in the off season. He will do track this spring to help his speed.