Monday, January 21, 2008

Reminder: Having your house painted is painful



I have lived in my townhouse for almost 12 years and I have never had the interior repainted until now. Call me cheap, call me lazy.

My painters showed up today to do a few "preliminary things". I retreated to the basement so they could work. When I came back upstairs 2 hours later I was faced with the stark reminder of the exact reason I HATE having to go through this process. Here's all my living room stuff shoved into the center of the room. And yuck - you should see the dust bunnies!

Do you have things that you just absolutely hate having to spend your money on? Here's my top 5 list:

  1. Homeowners Association Dues
  2. New appliances (fridge, ac/heating, washer/dryer)
  3. New mattress
  4. Car repairs
  5. Taxes

2 comments:

Joan said...

I had to put new brakes on the Mountaineer Mobile a few weeks ago. Going up the mountain to every home game then Chattanooga took its toll on the poor thing.

creative kerfuffle said...

things i hate paying for:
insurance (of any kind, health, life, auto, etc.--what a racket!)

taxes--omg i hate them so much

household stuff that breaks---plumbing, air conditioner, appliances, etc.

car stuff--inspections, repairs, etc.

CK